Monday, June 18, 2012

MY BRAIN HURTS

Despite having a lace making brain transplant a year or so ago my very first truly lacy done with laceweight yarn shawl taxed me to no end. It wasn't that the pattern,  Alaria, was difficult. It really wasn't. It was the unrelentingly focus required to not screw up royally. It seems that my mind, well, it wanders. A.Lot.

Eventually, my minds eye started to see the repeats and I was able to catch my mistakes within the pattern repeat instead of at the end of the row. That meant I only had to tink back a few stitches instead of a couple of hundred. Believe me, a HUGE improvement!

I am eager to start knitting another lace pattern but you know. I think I need to heal up a bit first.

Alaria - knit with Tosh laceweight, colorway "Rose" on 2.75 mm needles. A delightful pattern. Well written, easy to follow if you don't wander off to LaLa Land too often.

4 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Suzy said...

and Olive, of course, checking things out. Maybe it's for her?

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is beautiful! You have gotten quite good.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Gail said...

Wow! That is stunning! Good work!

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

I seem to be having the same problem. I'm in the middle of my first laceweight lace and I think I must just zone out — I make mistakes on almost every row. I ended up "faking" a correction at one point by just adding a yo because I was too confused and too lazy to tink back, but it's gotten better since then...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home