Monday, July 23, 2012

FLOWERS


 Sunflowers


Rudbeckia, which look like little sunflowers but are not related.

Sunflower (Helianthus) 

Rudbeckia (Asteraceae)

WHAT IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER?
Click for a larger view.


Knitting. Always challenging. I zoomed along So Very Pleased With Myself. I did the front and back and one sleeve. I washed and blocked. I thought, "Hmmmm, the front looks shorter than the back..."  "Optical Illusion because of the neck!" Yeah, that's the ticket. I seamed the sucker up. The sleeve would not fit. I poked, I prodded. I pondered.

I noticed.  I had forgotten to do the six rows of garter stitch that starts the cable section off.

Whoops.

Good news. Learning (something) from past experience I had not woven my ends in so unseaming was a snap.

Start again, Earin. 
 




And finally, Opie, he who cannot resist a box. This one was from our Chinese takeout. And a tasty, if somewhat furry treat he is.

1 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Suzy said...

Well, at least with knitting you can just unravel and rework it. Unlike sewing, where once the fabric is cut, you're committed. And possibly certifiable too. Love the sunflowers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home