Sunday, August 05, 2012

TWICE AS MUCH FUN!


 The Kids' Gansey if finally done. It was fun, it was easy, even though the front was knit twice (at least the cable part was).  I seem to have a habit of reknitting things twice.

Next Up

Reknitting the uneven cable vest (on the cover). I did pretty much the entire thing in a gorgeous copper colored Madelinetosh yarn that turned out to be just too darn big. I really love this vest and I love the yarn so dang it, I'm going to knit it again.

 


Yesterday I frogged the whole thing. I, um, wasn't really paying attention to how I tied off my skeins so after washing them they were a little, um, messy.  I suppose I'll be untangling for the rest of the Olympics.

 


I've not been doing much sewing though my head is full of things I want to make. First up though is finishing up a few more Day of the Dead bags.

 ROAD TRIP
 



 



 

Last week I did a road trip to San Francisco with two girlfriends to visit the de Young museum and see the John Paul Gautier show. It was AmaZINg! Many of the mannequins had animated faces projected on to them. They talked, they moved their eyes and lips, they sang. It was creepy yet fascinating and naturally the clothes were fantastic. There was even a great knitted dress.

We had a wonderful time though it ended up being a 12 hour day. Must do something like this again soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home